The Ultimate Satay Sauce
Use it as a dipping or cooking sauce
This recipe is aimed at restaurants and takeaways providing more than 1 litre of prepared satay sauce (equal to 50 takeaway sauce cups). It is suitable for home freezing or keep refrigerated in a jar with a tight lid for a maximum of 2 weeks.
- 1 jar of Jimmy’s Satay Sauce
- 2 tbsps Sesame Paste
- 50g galangal (crushed with a rolling pin)
- 50g lemon grass (crushed with a rolling pin)
- 20 curry leaves
- 80g sugar
- 2 tsps tamarind paste
- 2 tbsps fish sauce
- 50g instant fried-shallot
- 40g instant fried-garlic
- 1 litre of water
- 1/2 tin of coconut milk
- Cooking oil
- Use 1 tbsp of oil to fry the crushed galangal and lemon grass in a large pot or wok.
- Add the curry leaves, fried-shallots, fried-garlic and coconut milk. Then add 1 litre of water and bring to boil for 10 minutes.
- Stir the jar of Jimmy's satay sauce as well as the sesame paste before adding to the wok.
- Then add the sugar, fish sauce and tamarind paste.
- Stir the mixture constantly to prevent the sauce sticking to the wok.
- Simmer the sauce for 5 minutes. The sauce is now ready to use as a dipping or cooking sauce.
Tips & Hints