The website www.jimmysate.co.uk (the “Site”) is owned and operated by Westmill Foods, a division of ABF Grain Products Limited (which is a company incorporated in England and Wales with Company number 0079590) (“we” or “us”).
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and complying with applicable laws for the protection of personal data. This policy sets out (1) the type of information we collect from you when you visit the Site; and (2) the way we handle any information we collect from you, or that you provide to us through the Site.
For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (and equivalent legislation in other EC Member states) the “Data Controller” is ABF Grain Products Limited, whose registered office is at The Weston Centre, 10 Grosvenor Street, London, W1K 4QY.
Before you start
Our Site may contain links to third party websites for your convenience and information. When you access a third party website via a link please understand that we do not control the content and are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you carefully review the privacy policies of those websites linked from our site. These sites may send their own cookies to users, collect data or solicit personal information.
(1) Information collected through our Website
When you visit our Site, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide by filling in a form on the Site, such as your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. For example, you may be required to provide this information when you enter a competition or promotion which is operated via this Site;
- information concerning your visit to our Site such as traffic data, location data, and other communication data;
- information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to enable us to identify trends. This is statistical data and does not identify any individual;
- if you contact us (whether by email or post or otherwise) for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- if you complete any surveys, we may use that information for research purposes.
(2) How we store and maintain the security of your personal information
We are committed to protecting the information you provide to us. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain accuracy, and to ensure proper use of information, we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent accidental or unlawful destruction or unauthorised disclosure, access or alteration to your personal information under our control.
We will only store your data for as long as reasonably necessary in the circumstances, after which your personal information will be deleted from our systems.
However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
(3) How we use your personal information
- for internal record keeping and administration, and to enable us to identify trends;
- to process and enable us to carry out our obligations under any contract which we enter into with you. For example, if you have entered any competitions or promotions, we will retain and use your personal information for the purpose of administering and notifying you of the results of that competition or promotion;
- to provide information requested by you;
- to customise the website according to your interests and enable you to participate fully in the website.
In addition, if you have agreed to receive direct marketing from us, we may from time to time contact you via phone, post, email or SMS text message in order to send you news and offers and to help formulate our marketing and business strategy, for example to ask your views on how we can improve our products and services, and for the purpose of analysing and researching our business, customers and products.
We may also contact you by email, phone or mail for market research purposes.
(4) Sharing your personal information
We will sometimes need to share your personal information with third parties with whom we contract to help us to run and administer the Site and activities run through the Site. The information shared with them will be limited to that necessary for them to perform the service. They will not be authorised to make any other use of that information and will treat it confidentially.
Except as described in the previous paragraph, we do not share your personal information with any third party which is not a subsidiary or parent company of ABF Grain Products Limited other than: (i) where it is required by law; (ii) if you specifically authorised us to do so; or (iii) in the event that substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets).
(5) Accessing and updating your personal information
Subject to some exceptions, upon written request and payment of a fee of £10, you can have a copy of any of your personal information which we hold.
At any time after you give your personal information to us you may (i) opt out of receiving any communications you have chosen to receive from us; and (ii) update your personal information by notifying us of changes to the information previously given to us.
All requests or notifications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
(8) Submitting recipes
By completing and submitting a recipe via our ‘SUBMIT YOUR RECIPE’ form you are giving us permission to publish this content on our website and for use in other marketing materials for Jimmy’s by Westmill Foods.