Thai Hot and Sour Soup
with prawns and lemon grass
A refreshing soup found in varying forms on many Thai restaurant menus.
Serves: 2 persons as starter
- 200g king prawns (keep 6 prawns with shell as garnish, the rest peel and de-vein)
- 100g chestnut mushrooms (quartered)
- 2 tbsp Jimmy’s Satay Sauce
- 2 stalks of lemon grass cut into 4cm lengths
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- 400ml water
- 1 tbsp chicken powder
- Juice of half a lemon
Tips & Hints
Use this recipe to make noodle soup by adding double the amount of water and 1 tbsp fish sauce. Serve with thin flat rice noodles.